This Sunday the drivers of the IZOD IndyCar Series will take the green flag for the 97th running of the Indianapolis 500 from the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
The Indy 500 is the most iconic and historical race in the United States and many would argue around the world.
Ed Carpenter is your pole sitter this year and did so in stunning fashion. Nobody saw this coming and many expectations are that he won’t stay up front for long. The Spread (.com) has put Carpenter in the other drivers category with a 40/1 chance to win the race.
Marco Andretti is the favorite to win the race. With strong finishes thus far this season he is due a win soon and he’s been rather quick all month long at Indianapolis.
The other favorites? None other that the Target Chip Ganassi Racing duo of Dario Franchitti and Scott Dixon. Franchitti is pursuing his fourth Indy 500 win and second consecutive win. Dixon is aiming for his second win in the famed race.
Where: Indianapolis Motor Speedway; Indianapolis, Indiana
When: Sunday, May 26th at 11 A.M.
TV: ABC Announcers: Marty Reid, Scott Goodyear, and Eddie Cheever
Defending Champion: Dario Franchitti
1. Ed Carpenter (#20) Ed Carpenter Racing
2. Carlos Munoz (#26) Andretti Autosport
3. Marco Andretti (#25) Andretti Autosport
4. EJ Viso (#5) Andretti Autosport
5. AJ Allmendinger (#2) Team Penske
6. Will Power (#12) Team Penske
7. Ryan Hunter-Reay (#1) Andretti Autosport
8. Helio Castroneves (#3) Team Penske
9. James Hinchcliffe (#27) Andretti Autosport
10. JR Hildebrand (#4) Panther Racing
11. Alex Tagliani (#98) Barracuda Racing
12. Tony Kanaan (#11) KV Racing Technology
13. Oriol Servia (#22) Panter DRR
14. Justin Wilson (#19) Dale Coyne Racing
15. Sebastien Bourdais (#7) Dragan Racing
16. Scott Dixon (#9) Chip Ganassi Racing
17. Dario Franchitti (#10) Chip Ganassi Racing
18. Takuma Sato (#14) A.J Foyt Enterprises
19. Charlie Kimball (#83) Chip Ganassi Racing
20. James Jakes (#16) Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing
21. Simon Pagenaud (#77) Schmidt Hamilton Motorsports
22. Townsend Bell (#60) Panther Racing
23. Ryan Briscoe (#8) Chip Ganassi Racing
24. Simona De Silvestro (#78) KV Racing Technology
25. Josef Newgarden (#21) Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing
26. Graham Rahal (#15) Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing
27. Sebastian Saavedra (#6) Dragon Racing
28. Tristan Vautier (#55) Schmidt Peterson Motorsports
29. Ana Beatriz (#18) Dale Coyne Racing
30. Pippa Mann (#63) Dale Coyne Racing
31. Conor Daly (#41) A.J Foyt Enterprises
32. Buddy Lazier (#91) Lazier Partners Racing
33. Katherine Legge (#81) Schmidt Peterson Motorsports
DNQ: Michel Jourdain Jr (#17) Rahal Letterman Lanigan
Follow @bryantdouglass on Twitter!