Every week Beyond The Flag will present the NASCAR Pre-Race Primer which will have an handful of fun factoids that will help you prepare for the upcoming race. This Sunday the circuit is heading to the Bristol Motor Speedway for the Food City 500.
The race can be seen live on FOX with coverage beginning at 12:30 PM. The green flag is expected to wave at approximately 1:13 PM. Last season Kasey Kahne found his was to victory lane during this event. Heading into this race Dale Earnhardt Jr. is the current points leader. Brad Keselowski was the winner of last weeks event.
Fun Factoids about Bristol
- Terry Labonte leads all active drivers with 58 starts at Bristol Motor Speedway.
- The race winner has started from the pole 22 times. However, the last driver to win from the pole was Carl Edwards in 2008.
- Jeff Gordon has the best average starting position of active drivers with 7.48
- Kurt Busch, Kyle Busch and Jeff Gordon lead active drivers in wins at Bristol with five wins each. Darrell Waltrip leads all drivers with 12 wins at the track.
- In 2001 Elliot Sadler won the race from the 38th starting position. That’s the deepest in the field that a winner has ever started.
- Kyle Busch leads all active drivers in average finish with 9.89.
- Bobby Labonte leads all active drivers in Bristol starts without a win. He has run 42 races at Bristol and never won.
- 2007, 2008 and 2009 marked the only years Bristol ended in a green-white-checkered flag. Each of those races was the spring race.
- Terry Labonte leads active drivers with 33 top-10 Bristol finishes. Jeff Gordon is second with 23 top-10 finishes.
- Kevin Harvick has finished second at Bristol four times, that leads active drivers.
Will Dale Earnhardt be able to extend his top-two streak this weekend at Bristol? Given their history the Busch brothers and Jeff Gordon will be favorites to get their first wins of the season. If you belong to Stewart-Haas Racing, all you want this week is for you entire team to finish in the top-20.