The 2020 IndyCar driver lineup is coming into focus with several confirmed drivers, although there are still a lot of variables at play.
After it appeared as though the 2020 IndyCar Silly Season would be rather dull, suffice it to say that things started happening that weren’t initially expected to happen.
Yet while we know a lot more now than we did a few months ago, there are still a ton of important storylines to follow pertaining to teams and seats without confirmed drivers for the 17-race 2020 season, for which the schedule was recently revealed.
Let’s take a look at what we know as it pertains to next year’s driver lineup, what we speculate and what is still up in the air.
- Zach Veach – #26 Honda
- Alexander Rossi – #27 Honda
- Ryan Hunter-Reay – #28 Honda
- Marco Andretti – #98 Honda (Andretti Herta Autosport)
Arrow McLaren Racing SP
- James Hinchcliffe* – #5 Chevrolet
- *Despite Hinchcliffe’s Twitter post and multiple quotes from Arrow Schmidt Peterson Motorsports team co-owner Sam Schmidt and McLaren CEO Zak Brown, there are still rumors going around that Honda will try to retain the 32-year-old Canadian by placing him in another Honda-powered team, and nobody from Honda has “confirmed” that Hinchcliffe will remain with his current team.
Chip Ganassi Racing
- Scott Dixon – #9 Honda
Dale Coyne Racing
Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing
- Graham Rahal – #15 Honda