Jerome Miron-USA TODAY Sports
Will A Struggling Driver Right The Ship This Weekend?
2015 has not been rainbows and sunshine for everyone involved. Below are some of the drivers who have struggled.
- Carl Edwards – only one top-10 in seven races.
- Matt Kenseth – consistently inconsistent, three top-10 finishes and three finishes of 23rd or worse.
- Clint Bowyer – five finishes outside of the top-20 in seven races.
- Greg Biffle – only one top-10 finish in seven races.
- Tony Stewart – six finishes of 20th or worse in seven races, best finish of 14th.
The above five drivers have all struggled on different levels in 2015. Some of them have struggled more than others but one thing that they all have in common is that their fans expected more of them at this point in the season. The good news is that each of them has found success at Bristol in the past and that could be a sign of hope for this weekend. Things can turn fast in NASCAR but in order for things to trend up it does usually require strong finishes.