Sep 6, 2014; Richmond, VA, USA; Sprint Cup Series driver Brad Keselowski (2) burns out after winning the Federated Auto Parts 400 at Richmond International Raceway. Mandatory Credit: Amber Searls-USA TODAY Sports
Every week thanks to the Checkered Countdown series you can get a feel of what the weekend of racing will be like by taking a look at the five best finishes at each track. This week we will analyse the five best final laps ever at Richmond, one of the few remaining old days’ tracks on the schedule. We now see it in the new configuration that the track got in 1988 but the action is still untouched and still provides a lot of fun for the fans.
More from Jimmie Johnson
- NASCAR: Lowe’s leaving as sponsor following conclusion of 2018 season
- NASCAR: Jimmie Johnson/Danica Patrick comparison is completely inaccurate
- NASCAR: Jimmie Johnson now on career-long winless streak
- NASCAR Cup Series: Will 2018 season be Jimmie Johnson’s last?
- NASCAR: Regan Smith thinks 2018 season will be Jimmie Johnson’s last
Be sure to write in the comments what you think about this week’s countdown. Also, if you think there’s something missing from the countdown, feel free to contact us via social media to let us know!