Marvin Gentry-USA TODAY Sports
Have you ever wanted to work in NASCAR? Well, now might be your chance! Earlier this year we posted an article in which we detailed some job openings with some of NASCAR’s smaller teams. Back in January none of the more prominent teams in the sport were looking to being on new staff. Fast forward a couple of months and now some of the sports premier teams have some staff openings that they are looking to fill. If you have ever dreamed of working with a NASCAR team you might consider applying for one of the openings below.
More from NASCAR
- NASCAR Cup Series: New team set to compete in 2024
- NASCAR: Will Kevin Harvick’s major record ever be broken?
- NASCAR: Surprising name continuously linked to new seat
- NASCAR driver at risk of missing the Daytona 500?
- NASCAR set for rare appearance last seen 13 years ago
Here is a list of some of the current openings with some of NASCAR’s premier teams.
- *NEW* Richmond International Raceway
- RIR is currently accepting applications for a Staff Accountant who will report to the Director of Accounting. The Staff Accountant is responsible for carrying out many of the responsibilities of the Accounting Department at RIR for NASCAR Event Weekends, facility events and day-to-day operations. Interested applicants can review the job posting and express their interest by providing a cover letter and resume at http://iscmotorsports.teamworkonline.com/teamwork/r.cfm?i=81407
- *NEW* Competitive Motorsports (part-time XFINITY team)
- Competitive Motorsports is looking for pit crew members with their 2015 XFINITY license and over the wall experience. Positions include jackman, rear tire carrier, rear tire changer and gasman. Looking to practice together as a group ASAP in Concord. Please send resumes to: email@example.com
- *NEW* ThorSport Racing – Full-Time Publicist
- ThorSport Racing is currently looking to hire a full-time, in house public relations specialist. Candidate will be required to travel to all NCWTS races and additional events as needed. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Frontrow Motorsports – Sprint Cup Body Hanger
- Experience hanging NASCAR bodies is preferred. You can drop your resume off at our Statesville, NC shop, fax it to (704) 873-5120 or e-mail it to email@example.com
- Wauters Motorsports – Full-Time Transport Driver
- Transport Driver needed Wauters Motorsports for the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series team and Super Late Model Team. Current CDL required. Resumes can be dropped off at Wauters Motorsports Mooresville location, faxed to: 704-664-7015 or emailed to RWMotorsports5@hotmail.com.
- Hendrick Motorsports – Race Seat Belt Technician
- HMS Motorsport, the exclusive importer of Schroth harness belts, is looking for a seat belt technician that is familiar with Motorsport safety restraints and seats. Candidates must be highly detail oriented, mechanical inclined, comfortable working with their hands, and willing to learn about harness belt installation and construction. Ideal candidates will have experience working on NASCAR stock car interiors, seats and seat belts. Duties will required but are not limited to building custom NASCAR harness belts from drawings provided by teams, visiting with teams to perform seat belt fittings, sewing production runs of various belts, and tracking inventory of Schroth harnesses and hardware. The most important skill is to be able to produce high quality work within very tight tolerances for the most demanding Professional customers. Sewing experience is not required but preferred; training will be provided for the necessary sewing skills. NASCAR or other professional race series experience is preferred, a passion for Motorsports is a must. Candidate must be willing to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment. The job will be Monday-Friday 7:30 am to 4 pm. Some week day and weekend travel will be required as well as overtime during busy times. Please send a cover letter and resume to Billy@HMSMotorsport.com.
- Stewart Haas Racing – Support Engineer
- Reports to Engineering Manager. Installs and calibrates data systems on race cars. Logs, interprets, and distributes data. Organizes, maintains, and handles all instrumentation and data systems. Provides support to Race Engineer(s). Fits race and test trailers with proper parts for each specific event. Compiles reports after each test. BS in Mechanical Engineering required. Typically requires 2 years of experience in automobile racing, preferably NASCAR. Professional experience in electronic systems and/or support. Proficient computer skills. Knowledge of data acquisition systems, data analysis, driver and lap time comparisons. Strong knowledge of chassis engineering, vehicle suspension and dynamics. General knowledge of building and racing a car. Strong analytical skills and advanced problem solving abilities. Proven CAD and basic fabrication skills. Strong written and oral communication, teamwork, and people skills. If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume. Reference Support Engineer Position.
- Michael Waltrip Racing – Designer
- Michael Waltrip Racing (Sprint Cup Teams #15, #55) is seeking an experienced designer with good surfacing skills for its aerodynamics department. Resumes can be sent to email@example.com.
All of the above listings were taken from the teams official websites. Please respond via the email addresses provided by the teams for more information on the openings.