Motorsport Games Inc. today announced the Ultimate Summer Showdown, a four-event esports series for NASCAR Heat 5 starting this month.
Amid the global rise in esports, Motorsport Games Inc., a leading racing game developer, publisher and esports ecosystem provider of official motorsport racing series throughout the world, announced the Ultimate Summer Showdown.
BenQ, a leading display technology company, has been named as the “Official Gaming Monitor Provider” for the series.
The Ultimate Summer Showdow is a four-event esports series for NASCAR Heat 5 which is scheduled to get underway on Friday, April 30 and culminate with a showpiece final on Thursday, July 22.
More from NASCAR
- NASCAR Cup Series: New team set to compete in 2024
- NASCAR: Will Kevin Harvick’s major record ever be broken?
- NASCAR: Surprising name continuously linked to new seat
- NASCAR driver at risk of missing the Daytona 500?
- NASCAR set for rare appearance last seen 13 years ago
Open qualification for the event begins online within NASCAR Heat 5 on Friday, April 30. It will include PlayStation 4 players as well as Xbox One, Xbox One X and PC players. The top 24 drivers from each platform will then be invited to take part in the livestreamed event finals on Twitch, YouTube and Facebook.
Here is what Jay Pennell, General Manager, eNASCAR Heat Pro League, Motorsport Games, had to say about this series and partnership with BenQ in a release.
"“NASCAR Heat 5 has a strong, active community full of great racers and we cannot wait to give them another opportunity to showcase their talent on one of the biggest stages. The Ultimate Summer Showdown promises to build on the momentum of the recent Winter Heat Series. We are delighted to welcome BenQ as a partner for the series and look forward to working closely with the team to promote the races.”"
Here is what Jason Lee, BenQ America LCD Business Head, had to add.
"“BenQ is excited to partner with Motorsport Games to connect with racing fans and deliver the immersive driving thrills and experiences they crave. Just as pro drivers demand the best in their equipment, we strive to provide sim-racing enthusiasts with an ultrawide curved gaming monitor that delivers all the intensity and immersion of being on the track.”"
Take a look at the event schedule below. All times ET.
- Darlington Raceway: April 30 (12:01 a.m.) to May 6 (11:59 p.m.)
- Texas Motor Speedway: May 21 (12:01 a.m.) to May 27 (11:59 p.m.)
- Pocono Raceway: June 11 (12:01 a.m.) to June 17 (11:59 p.m.)
- Atlanta Motor Speedway: July 2 (12:01 a.m.) to July 8, (11:59 p.m.)
Livestreamed event finals
- Darlington Raceway: Thursday, May 20
- Texas Motor Speedway: Thursday, June 10
- Pocono Raceway: Thursday, July 1
- Atlanta Motor Speedway: Thursday, July 22
To take part in the competition, players need a copy of NASCAR Heat 5, which is available now on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and on PC through Steam. The game features 34 authentic tracks across the country in single player mode, two-player split screen mode, and online multiplayer mode for up to 40 racers.